GAFM is now accepting nominations for Executive board members, Regional members, and At Large members for the 2018-2019 board term!
||Region 2 (Southwest)
||Region 4 (Coastal)
||Region 6 (Eastern)
Nomination Period: Now until February 28th at midnight.
Voting Period: The voting period is open starting March 5-16. All members may vote for each open Executive Board and At-Large Representative position. Members are only allowed to vote for the open Region Representative position available for the region they reside. A ballot will be sent out via the GAFM website before the voting period begins.
How to Nominate: If you would like to nominate yourself or someone for the upcoming board term, please send all nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prospective board members must meet the following qualifications to be eligible for election during the upcoming term:
- Be a current GAFM member in good standing
- Work or reside in the State of Georgia
- Attend required meetings
Regional Representatives must live or work in their nominated region. A list of duties and responsibilities for each position are provided below. Please note that the Treasurer position takes a significant time commitment and a nomination should not be accepted if you cannot meet the following:
- Devote time to manage the bank accounts
- Process payments and refunds in a timely manner
- Learn our membership and convention software
- Executive Board members excluding the Treasurer Position, serve for one (1) year but may not serve more than two (2) consecutive terms- two (2) years, provided there are other members capable of filling the positions. A member serving in the Treasurer Position serves for three (3) years, but may not serve more than one term – three (3) years, provided there are other members capable of filling the position.
- At-Large members serve for (1) year but may not serve more than two (2) consecutive terms.
- Regional Representative serves for two (2) years but may not serve more than two (2) consecutive terms- four (4) years, provided there are other members capable of filling the position.
Special Notes & Announcements:
- All incumbents are automatically nominated for their posts unless otherwise specified by said person or a qualified person is nominated instead.
If you have any questions please send an email to Shannon Brewer at email@example.com.
Description of Positions
- Preside at all meetings of the Board of Directors
- Oversee the disbursement of all funds of the organization
- Appoint appropriate committee chairpersons as needed
- Submit the annual GAFM budget for board review and approval
- Serve as the official representative /spokesperson for the organization
- Exercise general oversight over officers and regional reps
- Attend annual meetings of ASFPM or appoint a designee
- Act in the place and stead of the Chair in their absence
- Schedule the location and time for Board of Directors meetings
- Oversee the activities of GAFM committees and committee chairpersons
- Conduct quarterly meetings with committee chairpersons
- Report on activities of committees at the annual membership meets and each Board meeting
- Monitor membership record keeping
- Keep and provide minutes of all meetings and records of the members
- Prepare and mail notices of all meetings
- Coordinate with Chair’s designee to report results of annual election
- Keep record of ballots of annual election for at least 12 months
- Maintain an electronic archive of all GAFM records and documents
- Provide conference attendee record and certification documentation on request
- Maintain all past paper and electronic records
- Have custody and control of the funds of the Association
- Draft annual budget for approval by Board
- Coordinate with the conference committee chair on conference budget
- Provide quarterly financial reports to the Board and at the annual membership meeting
- File appropriate IRS financial statements
- Maintain appropriate insurance and incorporation filings
- Coordinate with accountant for annual review of the financial documents
- Keep record of purchases
- Represent their region at meetings of the general membership and Board
- Report on issues from his / her region
- Recruit new members for the Association
- Promote the goals and objectives of the Association within the region
- Serve on planning committees for conferences, meetings and workshops in their region
- Act at the interest of the members of the general membership and Board
- Undertake activities and programs assigned by the Chair (i.e. newsletters)
- Recruit new members for the Association
- Promote the goals and objectives of the Association